Archive for the ‘Fun’ Category
I came across a great post from Steve at All Things Workplace about the Lessons he learned from business, and I thought I would create my list of what I have learned in a short time in the workplace. As I researched his post and looked back at some of his links I discovered this is spreading like the meme awhile back. I really encourage anyone new to te workplace or about to graduate in get into the workplace to go back and look at some of other bloggers lessons and tips they have learned. There is a lot of wisdom in these posts.
The lessons I have learned in my short time in Business
– Understand what is important: I got married in July and started my first job in September and the challenge for me was to realize what was truly important in my life. My job might not always be there, but my wife will always be there loving me. She needs to know the same from me.
– Read: Read everything you can get your hands on. The great thing is now of days is that you have tons knowledge at your fingertips without any costs because of the great bloggers out there. Take advantage of the knowledge and wisdom people are sharing.
– Be true to yourself: At first I thought I was hear to please everyone, but I realized I am hear to be honest and authentic and if you are not honest and authentic to yourself how can you be to others?
– Have fun and love: Life is short enjoy it. Live life like you are going to die because we are all going to someday.
– Share: Even though I am very young with little life experience I feel like it is my duty to share what I learn through this blog like others have shared to me. Plus the more I share, the more I realize I do not know.
Here is the link to the original Simply Successful blog post if you want to read it. Also here are two other Business Lessons posts from Managing Leadership and Business Advice Daily that are really good.
Today I was able to able to go volunteer at Feed My Starving Children, a non-profit agency that packs food together for children that are starving all around the world. Unlike most volunteer experiences, this one is really fun because the people who work their are passionate and the people you work along are having fun. You are able to be loud and encourage others while packing specially crafted meals for the kids around the world. What is also interesting is that they have children that have hodl their birthday party their and all the kids get to help other kids out during the party.
We spent a total of 2 hours there and an hour and a half of it we spent putting together these meals. In that time we put together almost 2 pallets worth of food which was enough to feed 34 children for a year. I really believe this shows the power of passion, good cause, and having fun can achieve.
Another interesting thing about the organization is that they are very fiscally responsible. They say that 94% of their donations goes towards the food program, which is higher than most non-profit organizations.